Subheader

Football Chants & Supporters Culture From The Mouth Of The South

Monday 15 April 2013

Hall & Oates - "Whoa-oa Here We Come"

The Monday morning earworm has bit me once again. I remember bopping along to the inspiration for this chant when I was a little kid stuck in a hospital bed at Surrey Memorial after having my tonsils removed. Mom taped it for me from good ol' LG73, and she managed to get the whole thing without the DJ talking over the end of it. It was right before Human League and right after Phil Collins.

I'm having a laugh right now because I know that most of our younger Whitecaps fans have never heard of LG73, Constable Bob or the Morning Zoo, and how much those things were a part of Vancouver's pop culture during the Expo era. Even fewer will have firsthand experience with the frustration of having a chatty radio DJ botch the end of their perfect radio mix tape.

Either way, this one sounds like a keeper to me. Perhaps it needs a bit of clapping somewhere in there?

To the tune of "Maneater" by Hall & Oates:

Whoa-oa here we come
Watch out boys, we'll chew you up!
Whoa-oa here we come
We're Vancouver!


Enjoy!

@johnniemonster

No comments:

Post a Comment