Subheader

Football Chants & Supporters Culture From The Mouth Of The South

Tuesday 12 March 2013

Sex Pistols - "I Am A Vancouverite!"

A lot of people have asked me to post this one since I first belted it out at a Southsiders function a few nights before the first match of the season. This little earworm has apparently crawled into a few people's brains and has been gnawing at their grey matter ever since.

I can't take full creative credit - I heard a variation of this one online quite some time ago, but for the life of me I don't know where it was or who did it. At any rate, I've put our stamp on it for the good people of Vancouver, and I encourage you to channel your inner Johnny Rotten and growl it out as loud as you can.

To the tune of : "Anarchy In The UK" - Sex Pistols

Start it off with a few bars to mimic the rhythm of the guitars:

doo-doo! doo-doo! doo-doo! dee-DOO-doo!
doo-doo! doo-doo! doo-doo! dee-DOO-doo!
doo-doo! doo-doo! doo-doo! dee-DOO-doo!
doo-doo! doo-doo! doo-doo! dee-DOO-doo!

I am a Vancouverite!
I cheer for the blue and white!
Know what I want, know how to get it
(yelling:) I WANT TO DESTROY T-F-C!* 
Cos iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii wanna beeeeeeee
White! Caps! FC!

Rinse and repeat, and you're off to the riots. *Substitute Mon-tre-al!, Se-att-le! Ed-mon-ton! etc




Happy sneering!
@johnniemonster



No comments:

Post a Comment